多客科技 发表于 2024-5-20 14:09

青春足迹|“留学生之星”诺亚:争做“一带一路”的建设者

作者:上海交通大学留学生服务中心
留学生之星

International Student Star

人物白描

BRIEF INTRODUCTION

他是2022级媒体与传播学院博士研究生诺亚(NAMWAMBA NOAH ANDREA),肯尼亚总统使团的翻译,乡村发展记录者,新媒体传播使者,一带一路国际学生代表,国际论坛演讲者,参与志愿者活动10余次。在“华夏杯”中文演讲比赛中荣获中文语言之星,“中肯友好摄影比赛”中获得第三名,“美丽中国乡村”全球短视频大赛中获得第三名,展现了摄影和视频制作方面的才华。“我的校园故事”比赛,“共享未来”摄影/视频大赛中获得第二名,“我眼中的上海交大”视频大赛中获得第一名,并作为世界青年发展论坛全国学生代表发言。

NAMWAMBA NOAH ANDREA, a PhD student in the School of Media and Communication, Class of 2022, serves as an interpreter for the Kenyan Presidential Mission, documents rural development, advocates for new media, represents international students involved in the Belt and Road initiative, speaks at international forums, and has participated in over 10 volunteer activities. He was awarded the Star of Chinese Language in the "Huaxia Cup" Chinese Speech Contest, achieved third place in the "Sino-Kenyan Friendship Photography Contest", and also placed third in the "Beautiful Chinese Countryside" Global Short Video Contest, showcasing his talent in photography and video production. Additionally, he secured second place in the "My Campus Story" competition and the "Sharing the Future" photo/video competition, and took first place in the "Shanghai Jiaotong University in My Eyes" video competition. Furthermore, he represented national students at the World Youth Development Forum.

初到中国

的深刻印象

Impressions of the First Visit to China

他是肯尼亚的一位年轻代表,也是“一带一路”倡议的国家青年代表,目前正在上海交通大学攻读博士学位。他心怀热爱中国文化的激情,对乡村振兴有着全面的了解,并通过记录展示中国的风土人情和乡村发展,成为连接中肯两国的文化桥梁。他曾是肯尼亚总统乌胡鲁·肯雅塔的翻译,并在多个国际论坛上分享自己在中国的丰富经历。

He is a young delegate from Kenya and a representative of the Belt and Road Initiative, currently pursuing a PhD at Shanghai Jiao Tong University. With a passion for Chinese culture and a comprehensive understanding of rural revitalization, he has become a cultural bridge between China and Kenya by documenting China's local customs and rural development. He was the interpreter for Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta and has shared his rich experiences in China at several international forums.

文化融合

与庆典参与

Cultural Integration and Celebration Participation

2016年,当他第一次踏上这片古老而充满活力的土地时,他被中国浓厚的文化和汉字的魅力所吸引。语言成为他学习和融入这个国家的桥梁。他有幸参与中国朋友的春节庆祝活动,体验了九华山的春节,那里的烟花和欢声笑语给他留下了难忘的记忆。在火车站,他志愿赠送“福”字,与书法大师和成百上千的旅客交流。2018年,他获得了院长社会贡献奖,并走访了中国的25个省份。他参加了潍坊的风筝节,在河南探索黄河文明。这些经历让他对中国文化有了更深的认识和更鲜活的理解。

When he first set foot on this ancient and vibrant land in 2016, he was captivated by the rich culture of China and the charm of Chinese characters. The language became a bridge for him to learn and integrate into this country. He was honored to participate in the Chinese New Year celebrations of his Chinese friends and experienced the Chinese New Year at Jiuhua Mountain, where the fireworks and laughter left him with unforgettable memories. At the train station, he volunteered to give out "Fu" characters and interacted with master calligraphers and hundreds of travelers. In 2018, he received the Dean's Award for Social Contribution and visited 25 provinces in China. He attended a kite festival in Weifang and explored the Yellow River civilization in Henan. These experiences gave him a deeper and more vibrant understanding of Chinese culture.

学术成果

与奖项荣誉

Academic Achievements,Awards and Honours

求学之路上,他也取得了丰硕的成果:在2022年《中国日报》的校园故事比赛中获得二等奖,同年被上海交通大学授予学生楷模奖。他还在“中国我眼中的美丽乡村”全球短视频大赛中获得第三名,在2023年的“我的研究生生活”国际研究生视频大赛中获得第一名。此外,他在2019年的中肯友好摄影大赛中获得第三名,在2023年的“一带一路故事”大赛中获得第二名。

On his academic journey, he also achieved significant results: he won second prize in China Daily's Campus Storytelling Competition in 2022 and was awarded the Student Role Model Award by Shanghai Jiao Tong University in the same year. He also won third place in the "China's Beautiful Countryside in My Eyes" Global Short Video Competition and first place in the "My Graduate Student Life" International Graduate Student Video Competition in 2023. Additionally, he won third place in the 2019 China-Kenya Friendship Photography Competition and second place in the 2023 Belt and Road Stories Competition.

感激支持

与学术助力

Grateful for Support and Academic Boost

期间,上海交通大学的教师们给予了他巨大的支持和启发。特别是他的导师,他在攻读博士学位的过程中给予了他巨大的帮助。学校和政府亦然。即使在新冠疫情期间,面临困难,学校也为他们提供了情感支持,让他们能够继续前进。他也对上海政府的奖学金表示衷心的感谢——这对他的学术生涯是巨大的助力。

During this time, the faculty at Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) provided him with tremendous support and inspiration, especially his supervisor, who greatly assisted him in pursuing his PhD. The university and the government also offered significant support. Even during the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, the university provided emotional support, allowing them to keep moving forward. He also expresses his sincere gratitude to the Shanghai government for the scholarship, which has been a tremendous boost to his academic career.

中国乡村之美

与新媒体传播

The Beauty of China's Countryside and New Media Communication

他的中国求学之旅让他结识了许多有趣的中国朋友,也让他深深被中国多彩的文化所吸引。他说:“中文启发了我的过去,影响着我的当下,也将塑造我的未来。” 他希望自己能成为推动中肯友谊的使者,通过新媒体传播,让更多人了解到一个真正的中国。他说:“我的名字里有一个对中国人最重要的字,就是承诺的‘诺’。一诺千金,中国政府给人民做了一个承诺,就是要乡村振兴、共同富裕。我亲眼目睹了这个承诺一步一步地兑现。这真的很伟大。”

His journey to study in China has allowed him to make many interesting Chinese friends and to become deeply fascinated by the colourful culture of China. He says, "Chinese has inspired my past, influenced my present, and will shape my future." He hopes to be an ambassador to promote the friendship between China and Kenya and spread the word through new media to let more people know the real China. He said, "One of the most important words in my name for Chinese people is 'Nuo' for promise. A promise is worth a thousand words. The Chinese government has made a promise to its people to revitalize the countryside and achieve common prosperity. I have witnessed this promise being fulfilled step by step. This is truly great."

走进中国乡村

的深刻认知

Into the Deep Knowledge of the Chinese Countryside

他在上海交通大学的求学期间,被视为“中国通”。他不仅能够流利地使用汉语、英语和法语等多种语言,还多次走进上海、江苏、河南、浙江等地的乡村,与当地农民交谈,与中国同学一起调研和体验当地的风土民情,观察和记录中国美丽乡村的新气象。

During his studies at SJTU, he was regarded as a "China expert". He was not only fluent in Chinese, English, and French, but also went into the countryside of Shanghai, Jiangsu, Henan, and Zhejiang many times to talk with local farmers, research and experience the local customs with my Chinese classmates, and observe and record the new atmosphere of China's beautiful countryside.

一带一路倡议

下的国际贡献

International Contributions under the Belt and Road Initiative

2022年,他作为首届世界青年发展论坛国际学生代表,向来自世界各地的青年人分享了在中国的收获和成长。在论坛上,他聆听了王毅外长宣读习近平主席给国际青年的一封信,他作为优秀国际青年代表进行了发言。王毅外长鼓励他们要以青年的活力、朝气和担当,为全球发展进步事业贡献自己的力量,这对他来说是一种极大的鼓舞和激励。

In 2022, as an international student representative at the first World Youth Development Forum, he shared my gains and growth in China with young people from all over the world. At the forum, he listened to Foreign Minister Wang Yi read out a letter from President Xi Jinping to international youth, and he spoke as a representative of outstanding international youth. Foreign Minister Wang Yi's encouragement that they should contribute to the cause of global development and progress with the vigour, vitality and commitment of youth was a great inspiration and motivation for him.

一带一路

的实质贡献

Substantive Contribution of the Belt and Road

中国援建的锡卡高速公路,连接起肯尼亚首都内罗毕与肯尼亚国内主要农业区。还有中企承建的蒙内铁路,2017年通车运营,是肯尼亚独立以来规模最大的基建项目,带动了蒙巴萨港与南苏丹、布隆迪、刚果(金)等非洲腹地国家的人货往来。一带一路的铁路工程,给他的国家带来了实质的便利与发展。随着一条条宽广的交通干线陆续建成,肯尼亚在非洲的战略地位也相应获得提升。

The China-aided Sikka Expressway connects Kenya's capital, Nairobi, with the country's main agricultural areas. There is also the Monnet Railway built by Chinese enterprises, which opened for operation in 2017 and is the largest infrastructure project since Kenya's independence, driving the movement of people and goods between the port of Mombasa and countries in the African hinterland, such as South Sudan, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). The railway project of the Belt and Road has brought substantial convenience and development to our country. With the successive completion of a wide range of transport arteries, Kenya's strategic position in Africa has been enhanced accordingly.

未来的使

命与憧憬

Mission and Vision for the Future

他是“一带一路”的受益者,期待未来能成为“一带一路”的建设者!未来,他希望继续留在中国,成为连接中国和肯尼亚的经济与文化交流的使者,在国际舞台上为肯尼亚和中国之间的文明交流互鉴做出更多贡献。他希望能把他所学的新媒体知识用于中肯两国的项目,用新媒体传播好中国故事,让更多的人了解到一个真正的中国;也把在中国学习的新媒体技术带到肯尼亚,架起世界沟通的桥梁。

I am a beneficiary of the "Belt and Road" and look forward to becoming a builder of the "Belt and Road" in the future! In the future, he hope to stay in China and become a messenger of economic and cultural exchanges between China and Kenya, and make more contributions to the civilisation exchanges and mutual understanding between Kenya and China in the international arena. He hope to use the new media knowledge he have learnt for projects between China and Kenya, to spread the Chinese story with new media, so that more people can understand a real China; he also hopes to bring the new media technology he has learnt in China to Kenya, and to build a bridge of communication between the world.

学术旅程

的精彩收官

An Exciting Finale to an Academic Journey

他的中国故事是一段不断学习和成长的旅程。从学习汉语开始,到深入了解中国文化和社会,每一步都充满了挑战和收获。在中国,他不仅学到了知识,还体验了文化的多样性和深厚的人文情怀。这些经历不仅丰富了他的人生,也为他未来的职业道路铺平了坚实的基础。

His China story is a journey of continuous learning and growth. Starting from learning the Chinese language to gaining a deeper understanding of Chinese culture and society, every step has been challenging and rewarding. In China, he not only learned knowledge but also experienced cultural diversity and deep humanism. These experiences have not only enriched his life but also paved a solid foundation for his future career path.

友谊的桥梁

与文明的交流

Bridges of Friendship and Civilisational Exchanges

在这个旅程中,他也体会到了中肯友好关系的重要性。通过他的经历,他希望能够成为中肯友谊的桥梁,促进两国在文化、教育和经济领域的深入交流和合作。他相信,通过加强这样的国际交流,他们可以共同促进世界的和平与发展。

During this journey, he has also learned the importance of the friendly relationship between China and Kenya. Through his experience, he hopes to be a bridge of friendship between China and Kenya, promoting in-depth exchanges and cooperation between the two countries in the fields of culture, education, and economy. He believes that by strengthening such international exchanges, they can work together to promote peace and development in the world.

媒体关注与

对中国的感激

Media Attention and Gratitude to China

他的故事还引起了《中国日报》、上海传媒集团等多家媒体的关注。他为能够分享他的经历感到自豪,也感激能在如此充满热情、好客和支持的国家生活和学习。中国不仅给了他学习和成长的机会,还让他结识了一生的朋友,体验了宝贵的文化。这段经历不仅改变了他的人生轨迹,也让他对未来充满了期待和信心。对于那些支持和帮助他的人,他想说他将持续努力,不忘初心,砥砺前行,让他的学术旅程与中华文化的传播之旅一起,绽放出更加灿烂的光芒。他期待通过不懈的努力,继续探索和学习中华文化,将她的魅力传播到世界各个角落。他将继续用他所学,为中肯两国的友谊和合作贡献自己的力量,也希望能够将这些宝贵的经历分享给更多人,让他们了解一个真实、多元和充满活力的中国。他希望未来他能为全球发展进步事业,构建一带一路人类命运共同体贡献自己的力量。沟通和交流才能激发参与的热情。中国有一句古诗,叫做“纸上得来终觉浅,绝知此事要躬行。”说的就是实践出真知,在推动世界青年发展的路上,也唯有行动,唯有参与,才能真正一起向未来。

My story has also attracted the attention of several media outlets, including China Daily and Shanghai Media Group. He is proud to be able to share my experiences and grateful to live and study in such a warm, hospitable and supportive country. China has not only given me the opportunity to learn and grow, but also to make lifelong friends and experience a valuable culture. This experience has not only changed the course of my life, but has also given me great expectations and confidence for the future. To those who have supported and helped me, he would like to say that he will continue to work hard, not forgetting my beginnings and moving forward, so that my academic journey, along with the journey of spreading Chinese culture, will blossom into an even brighter light. He look forward to continuing to explore and learn about Chinese culture and spreading her charms to all corners of the world through my unremitting efforts. He will continue to use what he has learnt to contribute to the friendship and co-operation between China and Kenya, and he hopes to be able to share these valuable experiences with more people so that they can get to know a real, diverse and vibrant China. he hopes that in the future he can contribute to the cause of global development and progress, and build a Belt and Road community of human destiny. Communication and exchanges can only inspire participation. There is an old Chinese poem that says, "The knowledge gained on paper is not as shallow as it could be, and the knowledge gained through practice is not as clear as it could be." It says that true knowledge comes out of practice, and on the road of promoting the development of the world's youth, only through action and participation can we truly work together towards the future.

编辑|张雨含

英文校对|叶寜萱

责编|林卓虹 杨楠

审核|张晓臻

页: [1]
查看完整版本: 青春足迹|“留学生之星”诺亚:争做“一带一路”的建设者