[精品译文推荐]你知道自己真正喜欢的是什么吗?

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-12-13 19:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册 微信登录

x
来源Interview with Barrie Davenport on How to Discover Your Passion
2 C. q& l; i2 q. Q/ Q- ?译者SHIVET) Z3 G$ E- O1 r9 f+ q* p

! [4 H7 {4 T0 Y" ~1 A    Barrie Davenport is a personal and career coach and founder of Live Bold and Bloom, a blog about bold and fearless living. She is also the editor of The Daily Brainstorm, an aggregate of top tier blogs.
# x! R: G% L; g( Y/ F$ Y3 `" G
8 o3 i, p9 ~( k5 ^' P9 `( \      芭莉·戴芬波特是一位个人及事业发展导师,她创办了Live Bold and Bloom博客网站,讨论勇敢无惧地生活。她同时也是The Daily Brainstorm,一个高访问量博客网站的编辑。2 h6 @5 F8 Y# H( _- P8 b' l' `

- J& W, ]" H6 D; ^& o    You might have heard a lot these days about discovering your passion in life.  Once you have discovered it, then follow that passion and live a life of eternal bliss.  Not that easy I’m afraid – Why? Well how on earth do you find your passion in the first place?* t5 K2 R1 z* z2 N

/ i0 h' g0 r% P; m, r2 S% P      时至今日,你可能已经听过很多关于发掘自身热情的说法。一旦你发掘到了,就跟随那股热情开展你的人生,奔向快乐。恐怕并不是那么简单。为什么?没来由地你怎么找那股子热情呢?
6 i3 ~( Z8 }# L
( {% P$ Q6 r% t3 P. |3 C    I have asked scores of clients what is it you really want to do, what is your passion, and a lot of the time the answer is ‘I don’t know’.  A lot of us haven’t really thought about something we’d really love to do.  That might be because we haven’t allowed ourselves to dream, or we don’t know ourselves well enough to answer the question.  It’s like going into a sweet shop as a child, and being told you can have anything you want – you’d explode with excitement and probably not be able to make a decision.  That’s kinda what it’s like when you are asked what is your passion, what do you really want to do, you internally explode and answer – ‘I don’t know’.) ~. G: b- r, K
! ?% S$ Z( D; @! s
      我问过很多客户,他们真正想做的是什么,他们对什么东西有热情。最常得到的答案是“我不知道”。这也许是因为,我们没有放飞自己让自己拥有梦想,又或者我们不够了解自己,所以回答不了这个问题。感觉就像是,还是孩子的时候你走进了一家糖果店,大人告诉你,喜欢什么就可以买什么——你当然欣喜若狂,但却很可能做不了决定。当被问到你的热情在哪里、你到底想做什么的时候,也是相似的情况,只能回答——“我不知道”。  k7 o% J, V% X: f" S7 ~0 w3 r

; T6 g# U3 T. S0 w" v& e' @    I have a very good friend who has brought out a course called Discover Your Passion (yes folks it’s an affiliate link, I have to feed the family :) but rest assured I wouldn’t put my reputation on the line for a few quid, I think you’ll love this course); ~* Q% Y! s0 h! q, ?6 A
, {& c' O% l) p* h6 N
      我有个好朋友,她为大家带来了一个叫发掘自身热情的课程(没错,它是个附属链,但我也得养家啊各位:),但请放心,我不会为了几个钱就把自己的声誉毁于一旦的,我想你们会喜欢这个课程的。)
$ h5 }4 A+ m9 p" @' q* ]- `% g8 Q/ @6 Y4 I& N# O: q* B0 n
    As you know I don’t recommend products without getting to know more about the author and the product itself and I have to say I loved this course from start to finish.  I loved it so much I had to get the author on for an interview." M% E7 G" x" ^9 h* U0 f$ r* e
0 T# o& `  V4 m* Z' [5 |7 z
      在不了解作者和产品的情况下,我是不会推荐的。必须说的是,我非常喜欢整个课程,喜欢到我找到了作者,跟她做了以下这篇访问。
1 ^3 Z) K/ d% {& C; e$ u: p, ^2 ^$ n) o3 Q* O* o8 y- e+ z
    So here is the Barrie Davenport interview on How to Discover Your Passion.4 P7 @5 l/ ^% f+ Z+ l4 ]2 o& M
( {. z1 ]3 L! Z4 j" Q
      下面就是跟芭莉·戴芬波特关于如何发掘自身热情的访问。
0 q2 L8 S1 N. m3 n. Y) W3 ^& F* w+ P* h3 g# K. Z& ^0 g- o& `
    A lot of CYT readers will know you already, but for those who don’t can you tell us a little about yourself.
3 o5 y& B, m4 x  B8 F
7 ^- b8 M# D: Y4 T7 n7 z7 C- ~      很多CYT(作者的博客网站Change Your Thoughts首字母简写)的读者都已经知道你了,但请你还是为那些不了解的读者们介绍一下你自己吧。& X( T' g3 Q. W+ Q$ Z& _0 f
  q% e- o7 B0 D8 k6 F. m
    Sure Steve. I’m a personal and career coach, partnering with people to help them make significant, positive changes in their lives. As an extension of my coaching work, I created my blog, Live Bold and Bloom, in order to connect and share with a much larger group of people. I’m also the editor of another blog, The Daily Brainstorm, which features some of the top bloggers in the world, including you! I was a public relations professional and consultant for many years in New York and Atlanta, working primarily in fashion, hospitality, the arts, and non-profit. Most importantly to me, I’m a mom of three teenagers who challenge me to use my coaching skills every day! I live in Roswell, Georgia – a suburb of Atlanta. Aside from those boring details, I have a bawdy sense of humor, I love to travel and eat dark chocolate, I am a voracious reader of just about anything, I don’t like to get up early (which is why I need your book!!), and I speak 8 languages (just kidding).
( q9 ~2 z- v% X: _% L, O
/ }/ {- i0 @8 r8 l( E3 ]; Y" x. n      没问题。我是位个人及事业发展导师,帮助客户在他们的人生当中作出重大而积极的改变。我的博客网站Live Bold and Bloom是我工作的延伸,用以跟更多的人联系和分享。同时我也是The Daily Brainstorm博客网站的编辑,里面有来自全球的顶级写手,包括你(指作者)!在纽约和亚特兰大,我任职公关和咨询工作多年,主要是跟时装、宴会接待、艺术以及非盈利组织有关的工作。对我来说最重要的是,我是三个十几岁孩子的母亲,他们每天都给我出难题,我得运用我的工作技巧来解决!我现住在格鲁吉亚州的罗斯维尔——亚特兰大周的城郊。单说这些个人资料有点乏味,除那之外,我还挺有幽默感;我喜欢旅行,喜欢吃黑巧克力;我还是个贪婪的读者,什么书都读;我不喜欢早起(这就是为什么我需要你的书)[本文作者的其中一本畅销书是关于如何早起的];还有就是我能说八种不同语言(开个玩笑)。1 S* {8 N" l1 M% M  c
0 S5 o! A3 {+ u
    Why did you start the blog LiveBoldandBloom.com?2 H# ^7 \' |7 E: ~/ q. G: v: ?$ S

: Z! r$ `% W; F+ y      为什么你会创办LiveBoldandBloom.com呢?9 {' {) [3 k: n2 c5 d
0 Z: x3 G4 e( m6 A$ l
    I first started it as a marketing tool for my coaching business. But once I started blogging and took a course on how to create and build a blog (the A-List Blogging Bootcamps), I discovered another passion. Blogging was no longer a means to an end. It became a primary part of my career and coaching work. It has allowed me to synthesize so many things that I love – connecting with people, writing, creating, serving, collaborating. When I receive an email or comment from a reader saying that something I wrote touched them or inspired them or helped them in some way, it makes me incredibly happy and fulfilled. Also, there’s something about blogging that is so compelling related to the anonymity of it and the ability to connect with anyone in the world. I live in Georgia in the U.S. You live in Glasgow, Scotland. We have never met, yet we have become great friends. That wouldn’t have happened if we weren’t bloggers.
# \) }) _" R5 f+ a0 n5 h& y% \( `! g% D( o
      我刚开始是用它作为我导师工作的一个营销手段。当我开始写文章之后,我参加了一个关于如何建立博客的课程,发现了自己的另外一个热情所在。写博客对我来说不再是一种手段,它成为了我工作和事业的一个重要的部分。它把我所热爱的很多事情都综合在了一块儿——认识更多的人、写作、创作、服务他人、与人合作。当我收到由读者写来的email或评论,告诉我,我写的东西感动或启发或帮助了他们,那让我感到无比的快乐和满足。同时,博客吸引人的地方还有它的匿名性,以及通过它你可以与世界上任何人联系。我住在美国格鲁吉亚州,你住在苏格兰格拉斯哥,我们素未谋面,但却成了非常好的朋友。如果我们都不写博客,这一切都不可能发生。4 d0 @6 ^; c% ~. W

, ]0 I; g1 |/ t2 X1 Q' m$ y    Okay, You’ve written a guide, or rather manual for life, called Discover Your Passion.  What inspired you to write it?+ \9 o* c8 I2 [1 n3 E1 I' f

7 x6 c6 a; R7 x      你写了一份指引,或者说是一份生命使用手册,叫做《发掘你的热情》。是什么启发了你要写这样一份东西?
# L9 N! [9 W' X2 b7 s8 r7 ]5 `& n& P+ J& }* o8 K4 n1 r# k5 c
    The main inspiration was my own journey to discover my passion. At the time, about five years ago, I didn’t even know I was on a journey. I just knew that something was missing and I felt like I was living a life of endless tasks. I wasn’t enthusiastic about my PR work anymore. I couldn’t get engaged in what I was promoting for my clients. It felt inauthentic. But I had no idea what I wanted to do. That was really scary and depressing. I felt really trapped and stuck. When my oldest daughter left home, I really started trying to learn more about myself. I did a ton of internet research. I took assessments, workshops, read books, and talked to people. Two careers kept jumping out at me, counseling and coaching. I didn’t know much about coaching, but after researching it, I knew it was the right fit for me. The idea of helping people make huge positive change in their lives was thrilling. I immediately started the certification program. Through my coaching work, I started a workshop to help groups of people who were looking to make big life changes. The workshops were a way to reach more people. But once I started blogging, I realized that I could reach thousands of people if I was able to transform my workshop into a self-study course. So that’s how it began!+ f( x& Y9 i, \, S0 x1 X
9 A5 q$ H+ n2 I1 m) z& A& h6 j& {
      是我自己去发掘自身热情的经历启发了我。大概是五年以前,我甚至不知道自己是在人生的旅途上,只知道少了点什么东西,同时也感觉人生就像是在无尽的工作中度过。我对我的公关工作丧失了热情。向客户推销的时候我也没办法投入。一切都不真实。但我不知道自己想要做什么,那种感觉真的很可怕也很压抑。我觉得自己像踩进了陷阱出不来了。当我最大的女儿离开家以后,我真的开始尝试多了解自己。我上网做了大量的研究,我去做评估,参加讨论会,读书,跟别人聊自己的想法。有两种职业不断地出现在我脑海里,咨询和训导。我对做导师并没有多少的了解,但当我对它做过研究以后,我知道它就是最适合我的工作。帮助别人对他们的人生作出巨大的积极的转变,这个想法让我为之一振。我立即开始读取得相关证书的课程。在我的导师生涯里,我开设了一个讨论班,帮助那些想要大大地改变自己生命的人们。讨论班是接触更多人的一种途径。但当我开始写博客以后,我发现,如果我能够把我的讨论班转变为一门自学课程的话,我将能够接触到更多的人。这就是我博客网站的开始!" ^6 u# b6 J+ D8 u  Q# v9 J! b7 t
/ O7 r7 U7 z/ p5 i0 q% C% t
    One thing I love about the guide is that you don’t dive into Discovering Your Passion straight away, you want people to discover themselves first.  why do you think that’s important?( _3 Y9 ]/ q3 K( D8 B4 H0 z

& j# ]+ A% \1 m8 M      我很喜欢这份指引的一个地方是,你并没有直接就开始说如何发掘自身的热情,你想要人们先了解他们自己。为什么你认为这是重要的呢?
! V6 R/ o; v$ ]0 W% r4 Y- Z* k# N
: y) B& }: q, o% c! T" x9 `/ [6 p    It’s essential, because most of us don’t have a passion fall from the sky and hit us over the head. Sometimes we don’t realize what our passion is because it involves skills and interests that we take for granted or don’t apply to significant areas of our lives. For example, it never occurred to me that my strong intuition or love of helping people could translate into a successful career. You have to really know yourself – what you value, what you’re good at, what you like, and what you don’t like. You also have to know what’s standing in your way. Often it is your own limiting beliefs and fears or wounds from the past. It is very hard to move forward when you have emotional barriers. Recognizing those is the first step in overcoming them. In order to live authentically, fully, and passionately, you have to know who you are, want you want, and what’s standing in your way. Then you have to take the actions to remove the barriers and go after what you want. This course helps you to do all of those things.
9 y1 \0 N7 c0 v" w9 x% F: k- M' N: |) y: R8 C
      这是最基本的,因为热情这东西它不会直接从天而降砸到我们头上。有时候我们没有意识到自己的热情在哪里是因为,热情涉及到一些我们觉得理所当然的,或者不会应用到生命中重要领域的技能和兴趣。比方说,我从来不觉得我想要帮助人的直觉,或我对这种行为的喜爱会转化到现在成功的事业里来。你必须真正了解你自己 ——你看重什么,你有哪方面的长处,你喜欢什么,不喜欢什么。同时,你也必须知道自己面前的障碍是什么。这通常会是你受限制的思想,你害怕的东西,或者是过去留下的伤痕。当在情感上有障碍的时候,想要前进是非常困难的。了解这些方方面面是克服阻碍的第一步。为了要真实地、完全地、热情地活着,你必须要知道你是谁,你想要什么和你面前的阻碍是什么。然后你就要采取行动来移走这些障碍,去追寻你想要的。这个课程就是要帮助你来做所有这些东西。6 {! O0 E4 q9 ]* b- m# y: N) B1 D
0 _4 h- A4 D9 q- ~' @$ f
    What if someone doesn’t have a passion?6 b- C3 i% I# \0 `# q- s" S! [

% C/ C. C) X/ r, v8 ]: l1 a: M      如果有人根本就没有热情呢?
3 Z5 y' R& X* \- n
( _6 p; O0 E' U5 d# I    I believe everyone does have a passion. But sometimes you have to grow into it. And you have to stay open to huge shifts in thinking and to various possibilities. You have to learn about yourself and what you love to do, and then think creatively about ways to apply that knowledge to areas of your life which will significantly impact your level of happiness and fulfillment. There are certainly very real impediments to living out your passion – financial, timing, family difficulties, health, etc. But even small changes in the direction of your passion can make a huge difference in your sense of freedom, control of your life, and happiness. Maybe you can’t afford to leave your boring job now to write your novel, but you can start planning, saving money, writing  your outline, researching publishers. Every small action you take is moving you closer to your dream.
+ e4 ?' q; b, R2 u
5 U) Q2 Z% A- l# F# z1 N5 i: h      我相信每个人都会有自己的热情。但有时候你要让热情成长,要对完全不同的想法和各种可能保持开放的态度。你必须学会了解自己,了解自己喜欢做什么,然后打开你创造性的思维,想想有什么方法能把这些东西融入到你的生命中去,让生命中的快乐和满足有一个质的飞跃。现实生活中当然会有许许多多的东西阻碍着你追寻你的热情——财务状况、时间、家庭里的困难、健康状况,等等。但在追寻热情的方向上,即使是很小的改变,都可以让你对自由的感觉,对生命的掌控,还有快乐,有非常不同的感受。可能你现在还不能为了想要写小说而放弃你那份无聊的工作,但你可以开始计划,开始存钱,开始写小说的提纲,开始研究研究出版社。每一小步都让你更接近自己的梦想。$ L5 H3 a5 c$ }2 E! r% i9 ]9 D

( J; d( \( }% U3 w    What are you passionate about?/ [$ l% c' {) t. F( [" [/ r# Y. c
+ _5 p1 K' M$ H2 E) g3 P+ f
      你自己的热情在哪里呢?1 B" [9 N& h+ ?+ e
" r2 @" m# E' v: D0 W! M
    Connecting with people, inspiring and motivating them to live better lives, writing, creating, learning, and continuing to explore possibilities for new passions.
. D$ I% _; _8 o8 s1 ?3 Z
! X+ \  T* ?- @! D2 I      结识不同的人,启发和鼓励他们去获得更好;写作、创作、学习;还有继续探索新热情的不同可能。# |9 l/ Y$ N7 U9 P# N, Y" p, K5 R2 Y

2 t( {# a* w1 \    I notice 3 different price plans on the guide, can you compare them briefly for us.
0 b1 y( G3 @# x: ]
* R9 c$ R( T- t      我发现你的指引有三种不同价格,你能说一下有什么不同吗?/ _5 [! V' F0 \" i- y
7 R! x" D+ w% Q2 I- U
    The first package includes the 116-page, 7-module course plus some bonus materials (including my 72-page guide, The Bold Living Guide: 7 Key Ingredients for a Meaningful Life). This is for someone who has the self-discipline to go through the course and stay on-track with the action steps and exercises. It provides everything you need to learn more about yourself and to take the actions necessary to move you toward your passion.
7 |4 U! ]; D8 n9 [7 u6 _2 E; G# a5 g! V' {5 G
      套装一包括116页的共7个课程,外加一些附赠资料(包括我的72页的指引《有意义的人生的7种主要元素》)这是面向有自律性,能够自己完成课程,做相关练习并根据课程对自己的人生作出改变的人的。这个套装提供了所有你需要的东西,从学会了解自己到开始向自己的热情前进,都包括在里面了。/ I8 v! M- Z) E+ G: U: v
( E3 Z! o9 \4 s# T# f6 V
    The second option includes the course, more bonus materials, and the ability to work with me through email coaching. I can provide support and accountability for you as you move through the program, answering questions and helping you stay motivated.
8 {, Y* @6 T' \* t, \) u4 l/ [. Q
' Q2 L9 `5 ~/ _) }! _      套装二包括整个课程,更多附加资料,而且我会通过Email来帮助参加者。在整个学习的过程中我会一直在旁提供帮助和支持,解答你的问题,帮助你鼓励你。& |+ ^& I4 Y, ?9 @  p; u1 h! O

& A: n, u1 n/ t) z6 a# o3 Q) A, i    The third package includes everything mentioned above, plus I provide personal, one-on-one telephone coaching. This is for someone who wants to move forward quickly and take advantage of some laser coaching that will help propel them to the next level with my support, focused questions, challenges, and accountability./ W/ l- p) k" g
5 @4 Y  R) o( f' R- C
      套装三包括上面提到的所有东西,并且,我会提供单对单的电话辅导。这是专为那些想要快速进步的人而设的。这个课程我会提供闪电式辅导,帮助他们快速进入下一个阶段,解决他们的问题和遇到的挑战。( P. C6 B( @, `& X
' x9 N- [  B3 D1 d& O
    Lastly Barrie, what will readers get from this guide when they buy it?
0 p( X( o- J3 V& J" L
- _9 T, Q% `; k- D      最后,读者如果买了这本指引,他们能从中得到什么?- Y" `+ }  N' S# E) [

1 G: n/ c$ d6 D+ ~; ]3 A& M( o    They will get the tools they need to discover their passion. If they do the work in this course, and follow through on the actions they create for themselves, they will get a happier, more fulfilling, and passionate new life!
' L" ]  Z5 s* |$ C% G" g# f+ C
      他们得到的会是用以发掘自身热情的工具。如果他们按照课程中的指引做了工作,进行了他们为自己设置的行动,他们就能过上更快乐,更满足,更有热情的生活。
Die von den Nutzern eingestellten Information und Meinungen sind nicht eigene Informationen und Meinungen der DOLC GmbH.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册 微信登录

本版积分规则

手机版|Archiver|AGB|Impressum|Datenschutzerklärung|萍聚社区-德国热线-德国实用信息网 |网站地图

GMT+2, 2024-5-9 17:10 , Processed in 0.056772 second(s), 18 queries , MemCached On.