查看: 24842|回复: 193

[职业生涯] 老公给老板的一封信,痛快亚,

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-3-8 22:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册 微信登录

x
Dear Ms. Joniaux,

I am writing to you because Y, who is my wife, has recently finished an internship with xxxxx. And I hope you will read this email in detail because there are some things I would like to tell you regarding my wife’s reference letter.

Firstly, I appreciate very much that you gave Y the chance for this internship which Y really wished for to promote her experience as well as the time you have personally invested to guide her. I know my wife pretty well as well as her strengths and weaknesses and so I am able to judge her based on this.

Of course she showed me the reference letter you have prepared for her and – very honestly – I was very surprised what was standing in the letter. Just to let you know, I have worked in Europe and the US for banks and other companies and so I believe I have a certain experience to judge the quality of reference letters.

First of all I believe that the letter is far too short. I have received about 10 reference letters in my life so far and each one – including some from Blue Chip companies and investment banks – are all longer and much more detailed than the one you wrote for Y. The duties in the reference letter are not the same as in the sheet filled out for her school when she started the internship. And you have not written anything about Yuan’s performance – really nothing – but only about her social skills and definitely nothing about her hard skills. You don’t mention that her behavior was very good (That is at least a standard in EVERY Reference Letter) and also nothing about her language skills, in particular her ability to speak English on an advanced level.

I also want to tell you, that my wife will join me shortly in Germany to live here with me, but she will not able to use the reference letter due to the letter’s lack of clarity and structure, and hence Yuan will not be able to mention the internship in her CV because due to the structure of the current reference letter, all companies will believe something was wrong with Yuan during her internship – as you did not say anything about her hard skills and her overall performance. The format you used is also very uncommon for German companies and this all dramatically limits Yuan’s chances to find a job here and that is something I cannot accept to happen. Don’t understand me wrong. You have been her supervisor and we have no power to tell you what you should do or shouldn’t. But, honestly, I want to let you know that the reference letter you prepared upsets me. If you want I can send you a letter written about myself, where you can identify the difference between your and this letter?!?

According to what Yuan told me about her job, I believe she needed some weeks to fit into the job, but improved her performance during her stay and was able to work with XXXX’s (Excel) tools in the end. And Y stayed also long hours into the office to finish her work. But the reference letter says nothing about this and this stays completely unrewarded. In my view, you missed to describe this in the letter or in an evaluation of Yuan’s performance. For example by saying: “Y ’s overall performance was very good in the context of her duties” or something like this or that “she fulfilled completely our expectations”.

Hence I want to kindly ask you to think about the letter again and I hope this will eventually result in an adjustment of the reference letter by yourself. I recognized also that the first reference letter included some mistakes which must be corrected anyway. And we could combine this with you further elaborating on Yuan’s performance. This would be fair. The current letter is not fair at all in my view!

I hope you have read the email until here and we hope that you show some willingness to adjust the letter.

Sincerely,

XXXXX

点评

这也算痛快?不就是你劳工帮你出头。你能炒了你老板那才算痛快  发表于 2013-3-13 13:18
当世人都在讨论Because 和 due to的区别时,你LG 神仙般地把这两个词用到了一块儿,Because due to ,开创了英语语法的新纪元!  发表于 2013-3-13 12:59
毛用没有,有种当面找老板谈  发表于 2013-3-13 12:52
我有点明白为什么lz lg嫌信短。因为都按他的罗嗦程度。别的写的信可不短么!  发表于 2013-3-11 01:11
艾马,这eq  发表于 2013-3-10 14:16
Die von den Nutzern eingestellten Information und Meinungen sind nicht eigene Informationen und Meinungen der DOLC GmbH.
发表于 2013-3-8 22:19 | 显示全部楼层
为什么自己不跟老板说,这种信老板看过就算,最多再和同事笑笑
Die von den Nutzern eingestellten Information und Meinungen sind nicht eigene Informationen und Meinungen der DOLC GmbH.
发表于 2013-3-8 22:23 | 显示全部楼层
发表于 2013-3-8 22:28 | 显示全部楼层
发表于 2013-3-8 22:33 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
发表于 2013-3-8 22:34 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 xuer 于 2013-3-8 21:40 编辑

这都什么啊!又不是小学生, 有事情找家长。 自己工作上的事情为什么不自己跟老板交涉。 这么做挺可笑的,估计老板看了这封信, 会觉得这对夫妇真够kindisch!
发表于 2013-3-8 22:40 | 显示全部楼层
想问问写这封信的目的是什么
如果是要让老板重新写一封,语气不太客气
如果是去抱怨的,语气太客气
发表于 2013-3-8 22:42 | 显示全部楼层
天,你不会把这信给老板发过去了吧,这口气是完全是父亲教训儿子阿,我要是老板肯定心里挺不爽。

而且现在哪家公司还自己遣词造句写这个阿,都是随便拿个模板,替换下名字,老板签个字就完了。
发表于 2013-3-8 22:42 | 显示全部楼层
说实话,这信语法错误可真不少

点评

就是,这个英文水平。。。  发表于 2013-3-10 15:51
加1  发表于 2013-3-9 12:54
头像被屏蔽

TA的专栏

发表于 2013-3-8 22:43 | 显示全部楼层
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册 微信登录

本版积分规则

手机版|Archiver|AGB|Impressum|Datenschutzerklärung|萍聚社区-德国热线-德国实用信息网 |网站地图

GMT+2, 2024-5-14 04:05 , Processed in 4.596290 second(s), 23 queries , MemCached On.