查看: 3440|回复: 28

[欧美梦呓] 今年的塞浦路斯:Simply Red

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-3-6 22:46 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册 微信登录

x
就是紅合唱團

就是紅合唱團(Simply Red)是一個來自英國曼徹斯特的樂團,由主唱Mick Hucknall和其他團員所組成。該樂團名稱的由來,有一部份是因為主唱Hucknall熱愛曼聯足球隊。團名也反映了Hucknall的一頭紅髮和他偏左的政治傾向。

該團的首張單曲"Money's Too Tight to Mention" (1985年)打進全英排行榜前二十名。1986年推出的"Holding Back the Years"則攻佔了美國暢銷排行榜第一名。另外一支美國暢銷排行榜第一名的單曲則是1989年"If You Don't Know Me By Now" — 一首翻唱自Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes的經典靈魂樂作品。

專輯
Picture Book (1985) 2UK, 3x plat UK
Men and Women (1987) 2UK, 3x plat UK
新歡 (1989年)1 UK, 7x plat UK
繁星 (1991年) 1UK, 13x plat
生活 (1995年) 1UK, 5x plat UK
名曲精選輯 (1996年)1UK, 5x plat UK
藍 (1998年) 1UK, 3x plat UK
愛在俄羅斯的冬天 (1999年)5 UK, 1x plat UK
就是愛情歌精選 (2000年) 13UK, Gold UK
家 (2003年) 2 UK, 2x plat UK
純粹 (2005年) #3 UK

暢銷單曲
1985 "Money's Too Tight to Mention" #13 UK; #28 US
1986 "Holding Back the Years" #2 UK; #1 US
1987 "The Right Thing" #11 UK; #27 US
1987 "Infidelity" #31 UK
1987 "Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye" #11 UK
1989 "It's Only Love" #13 UK
1989 "If You Don't Know Me By Now" #2 UK; #1 US
1989 "A New Flame" #17 UK
1991 Something Got Me Started #11 UK; #23 US
1991 "Stars" #8 UK
1992 "For Your Babies" #9 UK
1992 "Thrill Me" #33 UK
1992 "Your Mirror" #17 UK
1992 "Montreux EP" #11 UK
1995 "Fairground" #1 UK
1995 "Remembering the First Time" #22 UK
1996 "Never Never Love" #18 UK
1996 "We're in This Together" #11 UK
1996 "Angel" #4 UK
1997 "Night Nurse" (Sly & Robbie feat. Simply Red) #13 UK
1998 "Say You Love Me" #7 UK
1998 "The Air That I Breathe" #6 UK
1998 "Ghetto Girl" #34 UK
1999 "Ain't That a Lot of Love" #14 UK
2000 "Your Eyes" #26 UK
2003 "Sunrise" #7 UK
2003 "Fake" #21 UK
2003 "You Make Me Feel Brand New" #7 UK
2004 "Home" #40 UK
2005 "Perfect Love" #30 UK

[ 本帖最后由 athena_hu 于 2008-3-6 21:48 编辑 ]

评分

查看全部评分

Die von den Nutzern eingestellten Information und Meinungen sind nicht eigene Informationen und Meinungen der DOLC GmbH.
 楼主| 发表于 2008-3-6 22:52 | 显示全部楼层
If you don't know me by now
you will never never never know me ooh

All the things that we've been through
you should understand me like I understand you
but girl I know the difference between right and wrong
I ain't gonna do nothing to break up our happy home
Oh don't get so excited when I get home a little late at night
'cause we only act like children when we argue foss and fight

If you don't know me by now (if you don't know me)
you will never never never know me (no you won't)
if you don't know me by now

We all got our own funny rules
I've got mine woman you got yours too
just trust in me like I trust in you
as long as we been together that should be so easy to do

Just get yourself together or we might as well say goodbye
what good is a love affair when you can't see eye to eye oh

If you don't know me by now (if you don't know me)
you will never never never know me (no you won't)
if you don't know me by now

If you don't know me by now

[ 本帖最后由 athena_hu 于 2008-3-6 21:57 编辑 ]
Die von den Nutzern eingestellten Information und Meinungen sind nicht eigene Informationen und Meinungen der DOLC GmbH.
 楼主| 发表于 2008-3-6 22:56 | 显示全部楼层
官方網站
http://www.simplyred.com/

楼主| 发表于 2008-3-6 22:59 | 显示全部楼层
Holding back the years,
Thinking of the fear Ive had for so long.
When somebody hears,
Listen to the fear thats gone.
Strangled by the wishes of pater,
Hoping for the arm of mater,
Get to me sooner or later,

Nothing ever could, yeah.
Ill keep holding on,
Ill keep holding on,
Ill keep holding on,
Ill keep holding on.

Chance for me to escape from all I know.
Holding back the tears.
Theres nothing here has grown.
Ive wasted all my tears,
Wasted all those years.
Nothing had the chance to be good,

Nothing ever could, yeah.
Ill keep holding on,

Ill keep holding on,
Ill keep holding on,
Ill keep holding on
So tight.
 楼主| 发表于 2008-3-6 23:02 | 显示全部楼层
訪問主唱Mick Hucknall (USA, 2003)
http://dancemusic.about.com/cs/interviews/a/MickSimpRedInt.htm

Mick Hucknall / Simply Red Interview
By DJ Ron Slomowicz,

Not many bands can claim that they have lasted for nearly 20 years, making music both creative and relevant. Always embracing dance music to enhance their innate r&b/soul flavor, Simply Red continue to produce wonderful music that spans all genres.

DJ Ron Slomowicz: So let's get started with like the most pressing question - what made you decide to do this album on your own without a major label deal?
Mick Hucknall: As you go longer and longer in the business, you start to understand what that contract actually means. The fact that I pay for all the costs of recording the record and then after I've paid for all of that, they end up owning it. Now that is just an absurdity for me and by 1998, I instructed my management to get out there and try and find another way of making records. I said I would love to set up my own little cottage industry, as I described it to them, that would distribute and put out our own records. Clearly we're not going to be able to sell as many, but nevertheless I would feel more artistic reward by doing it on our own rather than doing it with them.

RS: How have you found that the process is different?
Mick: Well, the good news is that there's quite a lot of cynicism about major labels within radio and the press. I think they have been largely disillusioned by the manner in which the record companies have developed music. You've got this whole thing of Pop Idol on TV, which is great in terms of television entertainment, but I don't think it's like giving us any Beatles frankly. It's not really my idea of nurturing artists and building up a successful recording career. Where are the new U2s? Where are the major bands that affect a generation? Where are they? I don't see it, you know what I mean?

RS: Well it's funny you should say that, I just can't imagine how having telegenic twelve year olds doing karaoke covers is not the best music?
Mick: How do you mean?

RS: I'm being sarcastic.
Mick: I figured that and I was just confirming that you were being sarcastic because I would have been worried if you weren't. Well it's true, isn't it? I mean, what it is, is a glorified karaoke and you could sell soap powder in the same way.

RS: And that's what the major labels have come down to these days.
Mick: That's exactly right and it's not really inspiring for somebody who likes to write songs and record them. So, instead of just moaning about it, I decided to get out there and do it myself.

RS: Very awesome. The first single from the album, "Sunrise," used a great interpretation of Hall & Oates' "I Can't Go For That," much like "Fairground"'s Goodmen sample. Where did that sample come from?
Mick: Well I'd originally recorded the song Sunrise and was satisfied with it, then I played it to my friend Andy Wright, who, ironically, I worked with for the first time on the sample for "Fairground." He came back to me and said 'listen, I really like the song Sunrise, give me about a week and I've got an idea that I want to try out.' So he called me a week later and said pop down to the studio, so I went round to see him and he played me this track and I just was like 'wow, it's great, I love it.' People seem to think the sample is the song, but "Sunrise" bears no resemblance to the original song. All he's done is taken part of the bass and drums and a keyboard sound from that track. Apart from the girl singing in the middle, there's absolutely no reference to the song itself, and it's a completely original song. But it just seems to go so well with that pattern that they did for that tune, which I always liked, I mean I always loved that tune.

RS: What was the inspiration behind on the covers you did for the Home album?
Mick: I thought it was about time I did a Bob Dylan song. I'm a huge Bob Dylan fan and have been since I was about six or seven years old. I'd just never gotten round to finding one and strangely enough I was in Iceland coming back from my holiday there to the airport and they played it on the radio. The song hit a chord with me - especially at the moment, going out on my own. A lot of so-called friends in the industry were telling people behind my back that we'd never pull this off and we'd never make it work. The more and more I heard people talking behind my back people in fact who were some people I actually really trusted, I just felt the lyrics, that's how I fell for it.

楼主| 发表于 2008-3-6 23:05 | 显示全部楼层
I been laid off from work my rent is due
My kids all need brand new shoes
So I went to the bank to see what they could do
They said Son looks like bad luck got a hold on you
Money's too tight to mention
I can't get an unemployment extension
I went to my brother to see what he could do
He said Brother I'd like to help but I'm unable to
So called on my father, father oh my father
Almighty father, he said
Oh money money money money
I can't even qualify for my pension
We're talking 'bout reaganomics
Oh lord down in the congress
They're passing all kinds of bills
From up there on capitol hill, we've tried it
Oh money money money money
Cutbacks!
We're talking 'bout the dollar bill
And that old man who's over the hill
Now what are we all to do
When money's got a hold on you
Money's too tight etc.
We're talking 'bout money money
We're talking 'bout money money
 楼主| 发表于 2008-3-6 23:08 | 显示全部楼层
(Continued from Page 1)
RS: Have you ever considered doing a jazz standard CD? You've covered some jazz songs and your voice seems perfect for it.
Mick: Sadly, I was in discussion to do this several years ago with Nesuhi Ertegun, who with his brother Ahmet founded Atlantic Records, and we were talking about that. I was also talking to Miles Davis's people about this, of doing the record with him before his untimely death, with Tommy LiPuma his producer. So I have reached out and tried to do this kind of thing, but the two times that I reached out, tragically both the two people had illness and passed away. So I think you understand why it might put me off a little bit.

RS: I can fully understand but sometimes third time's the charm.
Mick: Yes.

RS: Speaking about three times, Love to Infinity has remixed the first three singles from the album. What about their sound, do you feel compliments your music so well?
Mick: Well we've hit a good run with these guys, they're doing a really good job with the music. The good thing is, this time round we're distributed by Ministry of Sound in the UK and that has given us a good connection with the various DJs and stuff. They help us find these people and choose these people and they've done a really good job with us. Obviously Ministry's got a great reputation within dance music and I think that it's helped us enormously with this new project. I've been absolutely thrilled that we've had two number ones in America in the dance chart. I don't think that America would've imagined that, they see Simply Red very different than I think people do in Europe. I think in America some of the establishment see us as some kind of 80s nostalgia band, which is quite bizarre considering in the UK we're the biggest selling act of the whole decade of the 90s. We've clearly had more success in Europe than we've had in the United States, I guess that's probably why it is.

RS: Well I consider having more success in Europe than the US being a sign of your personal success and quality. Success in the US doesn't really mean much to musical integrity, but that's from someone who lives here.
Mick: Yes, but the thing is my influences are so rooted in afro-American culture especially that it's quite sad to not enjoy the same success because the influences are so strong from there. That was really down to a sort of huge deterioration of my relationship with the record company when they failed so dismally in doing a proper job working Stars; I think we should have sold twice as many albums as we did. I remember a few years ago Elton John saying to me that he couldn't believe that Stars didn't sell in America.

RS: That is an incredible record.
Mick: I wrote all of those songs on that album and that could well be seen as my masterpiece. The record label had a budget and they chose to promote En Vogue. We didn't get much support after they'd made that decision and I never really forgave them for it. From then on, our relationship just went from bad to worse and by the time 1998 came around, I said to my management let's get out there and find another deal because I don't want to do it this way anymore. I want to own my own work because I've paid for it, as far as I'm concerned I own that work that you might have on your table right now, a greatest hits or whatever, I own that work, I paid for it. They are currently custodians of my work, they think they own it but they don't own it. They don't own it morally, they don't own it financially and the only way that I can really get back at them is if the law won't enable me to have what I own, is to create my own record company and create my own catalogue that would be in direct competition with that. Until they see the light and see the day that that work belongs to the artist.

RS: And also, in just a couple of years, can't you rerecord your masters and own them yourself anyway?
Mick: It's a funny thing you say that, that's exactly what we're doing. For legal reasons, I can't sing though, this is how absurd it is. We're now five years away from the termination of my contract and I still can't rerecord any of my old vocals, but they can't stop us rerecording the rhythm tracks, which is what we're in the process of doing.

楼主| 发表于 2008-3-6 23:10 | 显示全部楼层
anyone who ever held you
would tell you the way i'm feeling
anyone who ever wanted you
would try to tell you what i feel inside
the only thing i ever wanted
was the feeling that you ain't faking
the only one you ever thought about
wait a minute can't you see that i
i wanna fall from the stars
straight into your arms
i, i feel you
i hope you comprehend
for the man who tried to hurt you
he's explaining the way i'm feeling
for all the jealousy i caused you
states the reason why i'm trying to hide
as for all the things you taught me
it sends my future into clearer dimensions
you'll never know how much you hurt me
stay a minute can't you see that i
straight into your arms
i, i feel you
i hope you comprehend
too many hearts are broken
a lover's promise never came with a maybe
so many words are left unspoken
the silent voices are driving me crazy
as for all the pain you caused me
making up could never be your intention
you'll never know how much you hurt me
stay can't you see that i
straight into your arms
i, i fell you
i hope you comprehend
发表于 2008-3-6 23:12 | 显示全部楼层
发表于 2008-3-6 23:18 | 显示全部楼层
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册 微信登录

本版积分规则

手机版|Archiver|AGB|Impressum|Datenschutzerklärung|萍聚社区-德国热线-德国实用信息网 |网站地图

GMT+2, 2024-5-9 09:22 , Processed in 0.103566 second(s), 27 queries , MemCached On.