微信登录

微信扫一扫,快速登录

萍聚头条

楼主: athena_hu

[欧美梦呓] 今年的塞浦路斯:Simply Red

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2008-3-6 23:18 | 显示全部楼层
(Continued from Page 2)
RS: Brilliant. Do you select the remixers for your singles?
Mick: No, I don't. I mean it's not really my field, but my approach to this thing is that I'm giving people a shot. I like giving people a chance, an opportunity, and I've instructed my management to keep their eyes out for talent. We've listened to the advice of Ministry of Sound and, ironically, the guys you mentioned are actually managed by a friend of mind, and purely by coincidence actually. So it's been great tied up in that way, but I'm not going to take credit for something that I've not got credit for, you know.

RS: This is probably something you're going to see soon, you've had so many great remixes like that PM Dawn mix of "Stars" and Steve 'Silk' Hurley's mix of "Something Got Me Started." Has there every been thought of doing a remix album?
Mick: Well as you just talked about, the record company currently still technically own those recordings and it would be up to them to do that. Now, they did a compilation last year and they didn't even send me a copy, so I don't have much rights regarding my own material unfortunately, and that includes the remixes. But we will get round this and we will win this battle, I'm not going to need to go to court. The point is that it's not just about me. This is about anybody coming into the industry right now, if they go to a record company they're going to get ripped off, it's as simple as that. That's all it's about, you pay for the nature of the recording and then they own it, and I want to see that changed.

RS: What do you attribute the longevity of Simply Red to?
Mick: Apart from good genes, I'd say it's the nature of the music that I listen to that inspires an attempt to make timeless music - to buck the fashions and trends, to stay away from fashion in a way to try and just make my own mold, my own kind of fashion. My image of the word 'fashion' is a different that that of the established fashion houses, for example. Because most of the fashions that I was brought up with as a punk rocker when I was sixteen were straight off the street, and there's no establishment that you dressed in. You wore second-hand clothes and stuff and had their own kind of style. All I've done over the years is just tried to have my own style, and that applies to the music as well.

RS: Speaking of your own style, what are you listening to yourself these days, what's in your CD player or your I-Pod?
Mick: This last sort of eight months I've been going through a bit of an oldies phase, in the sense of a lot of old jazz and Jamaican dub reggae. I do listen to new stuff, I'll have phases of it and then I'll have so much trouble having to go through so many records to find something good that it just wears you down, like a job. An album, one or two songs off an album by a girl called Katie Melua are very nice. I met her a few months ago and she's working on an independent label. She had a number one album and she's done really well for herself, She's got a very, very nice voice, I'd recommend that.

RS: OK, I'll look that up.
Mick: Yes, I don't know if they've released it in the States yet, but the first two cuts of the CD are really impressive, they're just really nice.

RS: I'm sure you've heard the song "Sunrise" has done really well over hear on radio, it's showed up on all kinds of different formats. I've heard it on AC stations and on the dance pop stations. What do you feel about the different crossover angles it's had?
Mick: I think it shows that when we get it right with the single, we have an ability to break down barriers in terms of categorization of music. I'd never want to be classed in any category because I have too many wide passions and too many wide interests in music. From George Gershwin to Dr Dre, it's just very, very broad. I think it's important that if I have that kind of influence then I should be able to express that in the music without copying their style, without imitating them, but somehow creating the style through the variation of styles.

Die von den Nutzern eingestellten Information und Meinungen sind nicht eigene Informationen und Meinungen der DOLC GmbH.
 楼主| 发表于 2008-3-6 23:20 | 显示全部楼层
It's only love
It's only love

Don't be afraid to touch me babe
Girl let's be real
There's nothing wrong
With the way we're carrying on
So enjoy and live
Because
It's only love doing its thing baby
It's only love that you're feeling
It's only love that you're giving

I wanna stay with you night and day
Until the end of time
It's ok when you lay
Lay your body next to mine
Because
It's only love that you're feeling
It's only love that you're giving
Die von den Nutzern eingestellten Information und Meinungen sind nicht eigene Informationen und Meinungen der DOLC GmbH.
 楼主| 发表于 2008-3-6 23:21 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 兜兜 于 2008-3-6 22:12 发表
贝贝妈一上来就是大手笔啊$m31$ $m31$

他们好听的歌那么多,想偷懒也不行:P
 楼主| 发表于 2008-3-6 23:22 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 10 于 2008-3-6 22:18 发表
怀旧经典 哈哈 $送花$ $送花$

$m22$ $m22$ $m22$
 楼主| 发表于 2008-3-6 23:25 | 显示全部楼层
(Continued from Page 3)
RS: What was the inspiration for the "Sunrise" video?
Mick: Oh boy. The inspiration for the "Sunrise" video was to get it played on the channels basically. There was no artistic concept, it was get a few people in the video, make them look nice, make the video nice and sexy and they'll probably play it. That's how it works these days, it's just somehow uncreative, this video age of the tits-and-ass generation- I don't really think it's very helpful to women really. But there's not a lot I can do about it, it just seems to be the trend. I mean ours is lame and tame in comparison to some of the other videos that have girls basically simulating sex inside the video. I might sound old-fashioned but I don't think that's a very good representation of what women I think should be in this century.

RS: I would agree with you on that. Where was the concert video for "You Make Me Feel Brand New" filmed?
Mick: Oh, that was beautiful. That was filmed in Sicily, in Tornina in a Greek ampitheatre there. It was really something, it was a fantastic night I must say and I think we captured that on the film. I don't know if you've visited Europe and been to these places but these old arenas are just magical, there's no other word for it. Just, when you think of the history and the things that have taken place in these places, it has an astonishing atmosphere there. So I was really very happy to record that at that time.

RS: Speaking of videos, I bought your greatest hits DVD and absolutely love it. One of the clubs I work at is a video club and I play several videos off of it. Do you have any funny stories from one of the old videos that you'd like to share?
Mick: I have so many. It usually involved women, I don't know why.

RS: Oh, I have no idea why either.
Mick: So, it might be a little too rude for some of your readers I think. I'm trying to get out of this, can we get out of it?

RS: OK, we'll skip over that then. Of all the Simply Red songs you've sung, is there… I mean does it still feels new every time you sing them?
Mick: Well the ones that we perform on stage and when we come to put together the catalogue of the old songs, I think what would strike people more than anything is how they don't fit in a the time zone. We could rerecord one that was recorded in '85 with the band that I have now that's on that Sicily DVD, and we make it sound like they were both made in 2004, an old song and a new song. It's just in the nature of the style of the song writing and the music that I think is not part of a fashion. When you hear Duran Duran, God bless them, they really do sound like they were made in the 80s, they sound like an 80s band. I think that this timeless stuff that we do and the way that it's recorded as well, because of it's influence from jazz, hat was more of a sort of a timeless sound as opposed to a nostalgic sound. I think that's probably why we've lasted as long as we have.

RS: I notice there seemed to be a definite shift in the Simply Red sound when you added the musician/programmer Gota Yashiki back around the Life album.
Mick: Yes. Well, Gota started with us first on Stars, that was his debut album. The last two albums that I recorded for EastWest, out of Time Warner, I basically gave to Gota and Andy Wright. Andy Wright came up with the the Hall and Oates sample and worked with me on the Fairground song. I wrote the songs and gave them to these two guys to go away and do their interpretations of the songs. So the last two albums, Blue and Love In The Russian Winter, were not really what I would describe as proper Simply Red albums, they were two experiments. Some of the work is very good and I'm still very proud of some of the songs on those records, but they weren't really what I would describe as Simply Red. On the new album Home, there's much more back in the tradition because first of all I was in the room when the song had been developed, which is clearly because I'd written the songs and I was singing on them, and that has impact on how they sound.

RS: Awesome. Is there anything else you'd like to say to the people out there who are reading this?
Mick: I'd say to keep your ears open from now on because we ain't going away, we're going nowhere. The band that I have right now are the best band I've ever had and there's no doubt in my mind, one of the finest bands to ever come out of this country, the lineup as it is now. So we are currently working on new material and planning to rerecord these old songs, and just putting together packages over the new two years of both old and new songs that we think are going to create a lot of interest in a whole new generation of listeners.

楼主| 发表于 2008-3-6 23:27 | 显示全部楼层
"For Your Babies"

You've got that look again
The one I hoped I had when I was a lad
Your face is just beaming
Your smile got me boasting, my pulse roller- coastering
Any way the four winds that blow
They're gonna send me sailing home to you
Or I'll fly with the force of a rainbow
The dream of gold will be waiting in your eyes

You know I'd do most anything you want
Hey I, I try to give you everything you need
I can see that it gets to you
I don't believe in many things
But in you I do

Her faith is amazing
The pain that she goes through contained in
The hope for you
Your whole world has changed
The years spent before seem more cloudy
Than blue
In many ways your baby's controlling
When you haven't laid down for days
For the poor no time to be thinking
They're too busy finding ways

Hey I, I try to give you everything you need
I'll see that it gets to you
But in you I do

Every day I, try to give you everything you
Need
We'll always be there for you
But in you I do
 楼主| 发表于 2008-3-6 23:34 | 显示全部楼层
Simply Red
Gründung 1984
Auflösung 2009
Genre Pop, Soul
Website http://www.simplyred.com

Letzte Besetzung vor der Auflösung
Gesang Mick Hucknall
Gitarre Kenji Suzuki
Bass Steve Lewinson
Keyboard Dave Clayton
Schlagzeug Pete Lewinson
Keyboard, Saxophon Ian Kirkham
Flöte, Saxophon Chris De Margary
Posaune, Percussion John Johnson
Trompete, Flöte Kevin Robinson
Backing Vocal Sarah Brown
Backing Vocal Dee Johnson
Ehemalige Mitglieder
Bass Tony Bowers
Keyboard Fritz McIntyre
Blechblasinstrumente Tim Kellett
Gitarre Sylvan Richardson
Schlagzeug Chris Joyce

Simply Red ist eine britische Band. Sie setzt sich aus Frontman und Sänger Mick Hucknall sowie diversen, zum Teil wechselnden, weiteren Musikern zusammen. Ende Oktober 2007 gab Hucknall bekannt, dass sich die Gruppe nach Absolvierung der anstehenden Tournee im Jahr 2009 auflösen und er als Solokünstler weiterarbeiten werde.

Inhaltsverzeichnis
1 Bandgeschichte
2 Der Bandname
3 Diskografie
3.1 Singles
3.2 Alben
3.3 Videos/DVDs
4 Weblinks
5 Referenzen

楼主| 发表于 2008-3-6 23:35 | 显示全部楼层
So now we've got our independence
What are we gonna do with it?
Learning to play different games
Already using different names
Cause now our love bears no resemblance
To what we had before
When our love was good it was all that we saw
When our love was good it blinded us before
This real revolution baby
Where you're not below me anymore

Never never love can never be enough
Never be enough, just ain't good enough
Never never love can never be enough
Never be enough, oh no

So now we've got our independence
What are we gonna do with it?
Building the houses, claiming back the land
Burning the bridges, cleaning up your hands
Cause now our love bears no resemblance
To what we had before

Now our love has something for the future
Now our love will grow the seeds to sow this real revolution
This good revolution baby
Where you're not below me anymore
 楼主| 发表于 2008-3-6 23:39 | 显示全部楼层
Bandgeschichte  
Die Debüt-Single der Band Money’s Too Tight to Mention (1985, eine Cover-Version eines Songs der Valentine Brothers) erreichte die britischen Top 20 und ihr Song Holding Back the Years kam 1986 auf die Nummer Eins in den USA.

Das Debütalbum „Picture Book“ erschien im Oktober 1985, es folgten „Men & Women“ 1987 und „A New Flame“ 1989. Für die Version von „If You Don´t Know Me By Now“ (Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, 1972) wurde Simply Red mit dem Grammy ausgezeichnet. Sie erreichte in den USA die Nummer Eins.

Im Oktober 1991 folgte „Stars“, das erste Album, auf dem ausschließlich eigene Songs auftauchen. „Stars“ wurde das meistverkaufte Album 1991 und 1992 in Großbritannien und stieß sogar Michael Jackson vom Thron.

Nach einer Pause kam 1995 „Life“ in die Plattenläden. Hier findet man neben 8 weiteren echten Pop-Soul-und Reggae-Perlen Simply Red´s ersten Nummer-1-Hit in England, „Fairground“, und die Hymne zur Fußball-Europameisterschaft 1996, „We´re In This Together“. Auch dieses Album enthält ausschließlich Eigenkompositionen.

Die 1996 herausgegebenen „Greatest Hits“ kommt neben den oben genannten mit einer Cover-Version von Aretha Franklin´s „Angel“ daher, diesmal in einer Kooperation mit den Fugees. Dies war der erste Titel von Simply Red, der erfolgreich einem Remix von Mousse T ("Horny") unterzogen wurde. Im Mai 1998 kam „Blue“, ein Album, das ursprünglich ein Coveralbum werden sollte. Bemerkenswert hier ist auf jeden Fall die Umsetzung vom Neil-Young-Stück „Mellow My Mind“. Im November 1999 erschien „Love And The Russian Winter“, das letzte Album, das unter der Regie von Warner fertig wurde. Mit Veröffentlichung dieses Albums lief der Vertrag aus. Im November 2000 veröffentlichte Warner (ohne Zustimmung der Band oder Mick Hucknalls) eine Zusammenstellung von Simply Red´s Lovesongs unter dem Titel „It´s Only Love“.

Mit der Veröffentlichung des Albums Home im Jahr 2003 ging Mick Hucknall neue Wege, indem er dieses, ohne große Plattenfirma im Rücken und selbstfinanziert, auf seinem eigenen Plattenlabel simplyred.com veröffentlichte.

Das zehnte Album „Stay“ erschien am 12. März 2007. Ende Oktober desselben Jahres erklärte Mick Hucknall gegenüber dem britischen Radiosender Gold Radio, dass „Stay“ das letzte Simply Red-Album und „The World and you tonight“ die letzte Single der Gruppe bleiben werde. Nach der anstehenden Tournee, die im Jahr 2009 enden soll, werde sich die Band trennen und Hucknall als Solokünstler weiterarbeiten.

楼主| 发表于 2008-3-6 23:42 | 显示全部楼层
All eyes were closed, nobody knows
How the world wasn't able to see that they were
Washed-up failures
My eyes are open, my love is strong
I am here to stay and it will always be that way

We're in this together
We're in this together
Forever
Together

My line is strong, my soul it rolls
Somewhere on the train of universal feeling
My eyes are open, just like the ocean
From the people in need to the sun and the seas

We're in this together
We're in this together
Forever
Together
Forever

We're in this together
We're in this together
Forever
Together
Forever
Together
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册 微信登录

本版积分规则

手机版|Archiver|AGB|Impressum|Datenschutzerklärung|萍聚社区-德国热线-德国实用信息网 |网站地图

GMT+2, 2024-5-9 13:08 , Processed in 0.089733 second(s), 18 queries , MemCached On.