萍聚头条

返回列表 发新帖
楼主: woyouwenti

[求助] GPA大概86分 雅思7.0 有奖学金 申请博士多大希望呢?

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-3-5 17:50 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 vangles 于 2010-3-5 17:03 编辑
Dear Prof. Dr. xxx
I have found your information on the website of the faculty of humanities and I  ...
woyouwenti 发表于 2010-2-27 16:16

In my point of view, you should definitely not send such an unprofessional application letter under consideration of your major which is English literature. You’d better check through the internet how a letter should be handled. Polish it prior to your sending.

Dear Prof. Dr. xxx,
I have found your information on the website of the faculty of humanities and I am glad to write this letter to inquire whether you have any position available for PH.D student.
possibly start with
”Hereby I am sending you this letter to express my passion of working as Ph.D candidate in your group…. “

My name is XXX, (no need for providing your name) "As a Master student majoring in British and American Literature in XXX University, China, I have ..(write what you accomplished, what skills you posses, and what achievement you obtained ....). Please refer to my CV for more detail information of my background" Since this is the last semester of my postgraduate study, I shall receive my master's degree on June.   "The graduation of my Master study is foreseen to be on this June..... Therefore a possible start time from my side could be xxx."

"The success of my Master study allows me to obtain a grant from a national xxx so-called “doctoral scholarship from Chinese Scholarship Council” which could financially support my stay in Germany and as part of my research fond."

(Here you could also add one paragraph showing the positive side of your participation in the group, which merit you could bring to the group)

If you take me into consideration, I will send other relevant materials to you. My curriculum vitae and undergraduate and postgraduate transcripts are attached below.

Besides, if  I am lucky enough to be accepted by you, I can hold doctoral scholarship from Chinese Scholarship Council in my own country.

Thanks a lot!
"I appropriate your consideration of my application. Please do not hesitate to
contact me if you have further questions."

"I am always looking forward to your reply at your convenience."
Die von den Nutzern eingestellten Information und Meinungen sind nicht eigene Informationen und Meinungen der DOLC GmbH.
发表于 2010-3-5 18:47 | 显示全部楼层
我发现我当年真的是很有运气啊。。我写的信就介绍了自己学什么的,本科和硕士的成绩,硕士论文题目。然后问有没有位置,随信付了一份简历。。最搞笑的是我还把毕业的年限写错了。。。。人家还以为我都写完论文了,要看我的论文。结果就这样都被接受了。。。。我看我真是撞大运了。。。
Die von den Nutzern eingestellten Information und Meinungen sind nicht eigene Informationen und Meinungen der DOLC GmbH.
发表于 2010-3-5 18:52 | 显示全部楼层
不过个人认为,在写信给别人的时候简明扼要最重要。对于硕士生申请博士位子,跟博士申请博后位子不一样。至少我们这里不要求博士生在来之前就自己定下了研究兴趣。对于老板来讲,主要看的是你学的专业,论文(如果有的话),以及硕士成绩。本科的成绩都不重要。另外楼主应该直截了当的说明你有奖学金。你的说法不对。你应该说你是自己带经费的。
发表于 2010-3-5 18:54 | 显示全部楼层
是不是能用英语写论文 主要是教授决定吧
LZ是学英美文学的 用英语写貌似是天经地义的啊。。。
lemonice 发表于 2010-2-28 14:05

错,大学决定,如果大学不允许用英语写论文,教授也没有用。我就知道有些大学规定硕士论文必须用德语写,理科。博士的不是很清楚,但文科应该比理科严格。
发表于 2010-3-6 14:11 | 显示全部楼层
发表于 2010-3-6 14:13 | 显示全部楼层
回复 23# 我不是笨猫
请问你是在德国还是中国读的硕士啊?我总觉得还是有区别的。是不是在德国读的硕士然后申请博士相对容易些啊?我不了解啊,只是顺便问问德国的情况啊。
发表于 2010-3-6 14:15 | 显示全部楼层
错,大学决定,如果大学不允许用英语写论文,教授也没有用。我就知道有些大学规定硕士论文必须用 ...
我不是笨猫 发表于 2010-3-5 17:54

哦!我们学校的相关规定里头写了,如果外国学生用英语写论文要在申请博士资格的时候提出申请,并附教授意见。我是文科的,来之前就说好是用英语写论文答辩的。要是要我用德语,我肯定不来了。。。
发表于 2010-3-6 16:15 | 显示全部楼层
回复  我不是笨猫
请问你是在德国还是中国读的硕士啊?我总觉得还是有区别的。是不是在德国读的硕士然后申 ...
lemonice 发表于 2010-3-6 13:13

不是很清楚,反正在德国比较容易拿到面试的机会,因为开销少,老板看着差不多就让你过去谈谈。在中国就稍微困难点,会先电话和邮件聊一聊吧
 楼主| 发表于 2010-3-9 11:44 | 显示全部楼层
发表于 2010-3-9 12:53 | 显示全部楼层
In my point of view, you should definitely not send such an unprofessional application letter un ...
vangles 发表于 2010-3-5 16:50

叫教授 提问不要犹豫 吗
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册 微信登录

本版积分规则

手机版|Archiver|AGB|Impressum|Datenschutzerklärung|萍聚社区-德国热线-德国实用信息网 |网站地图

GMT+2, 2024-5-9 10:24 , Processed in 0.061784 second(s), 16 queries , MemCached On.